Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Final Farewell

       Well fellow bloggers, it has been a year filled with learning, new experiences, new interactions, new skills, and 73 blogs. Blogging for class ends at the conclusion of this blog, but I might tune in from time to time. I started my blogs with sports blog after sports blog, after sports blog. Then I started to blog about random things going on and haven’t blogged about sports for a while. So, without further ado, a sports blog to end the school year:

     The NFL draft wrapped up last month and rookie minicamps are in full swing.  The Packers drafted nine players with another nine other rookies being signed as free agents. These 18 players have been working hard in practice and head coach Mike McCarthy claims this is one of his favorite groups he has ever worked with. That being said, I am getting excited for the start of the NFL season.
     One drafted player that I am very curious about is former University of Iowa Corner Back Micah Hyde. I was surprised to see him go to the backers. Although a great player, I wasn’t sure he would be able to be too successful as a cornerback in the NFL.  After some thinking, I came to the conclusion that they might have drafted him with a kick returner in mind.
     The majority of the Packer’s kicks last year were returned by wide receiver Randal Cobb. As the injury prone Packer’s receiver corps took a hit with the injury to Greg Jennings, Cobb stepped up to fill that role. Needless to say, he wasn’t returning very many kicks anymore. With Jennings now off the team, Cobb will be a starting receiver for the Packers. There is no way he will return kicks. This is where Hyde comes in to play. He is a cornerback that most likely won’t be a starting, but he has a good record of returning kicks at Iowa. He was very elusive and could really break for some great returns. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was back deep for the Pack this season as their main kick returner.
     It’s been a long journey bloggers, one I probably wouldn’t wish to repeat. I’ll still blog for fun now and again, but I won’t be having three blogs per week on the button. I look forward to blogging about whatever I want and having no requirements. Although blogging wasn’t something I was extremely fond of, it allowed me to improve my writing and therefore I am better off. (WC 422)

No comments:

Post a Comment