Friday, October 12, 2012

Pssht Who Needs a Job?!


I am currently unemployed, yet I make more money than most people who do have jobs! I do this by utilizing my skills, and helping others. This weekend I made $200 in 2 hours. All I had to do was sit up in a tech booth and run the lights, sound, and projection for a wedding. I do this about once every other month and it is totally worth it! 
                Beyond that I, as well as my friend, David can repair toilets. As stupid as that sounds, it is true, and it pays well. This past summer we probably fixed 4 toilets or so and made $240. That is one of those tasks where we can charge high because a plumber cost a whole lot more, and no one wants to do it themselves. You may be wondering how we got into this biz. Well it is kind of a boring story, but pretty much my upstairs toilet was leaking, and we wanted to fix it before my parents go home, so we uninstalled it, repaired the wax ring, put it back in, and it to this day works like a charm. My parents eventually found out, thought it was pretty impressive, and now tell the story everywhere they go. Which helps us out because then people call us needing a repair.
                Aside from those tasks which are rather sporadic, I often times have to watch my neighbors until their mom gets home from work. It is super easy (because I really don’t do anything but give them a snack) yet I get paid pretty well. I also gave baseball lessons to a 3rd grader this summer, and he ended up making the better travel team this year! So that paid off in more ways than one.
One last job that I really don’t need to get paid for, but do anyway is dog/house sitting. Recently I house sat for some friends of our family and David and I just watch the dogs, eat their food, and use their electricity. It’s a rather sweet deal because really all they would need to do is stock the fridge and I would be set, however they still pay us pretty well on top of that!
Just because I don’t have a job doesn’t classify me as a lazy teenager that doesn’t do anything. I do lots of things at random times for large amounts of cash. It’s been paying for my expenses so for. For all that I am concerned; getting a job would be a waste of time. I am perfectly content with my current financial situation. (WC 434)

No comments:

Post a Comment