Thursday, March 7, 2013

Making Up Snowdays..No Big Deal.

             Some people get so upset about making up snow days. I am not one of those people. People always complain about how now we have to go until June, or now we have to go back on a Monday for the last day of school. I honestly could care less. At the end of the year, two or three days will not make that big of a difference on the length and excitement of our summer break.

                I am always for an unexpected day off. I don’t care if it came two day after Christmas vacation, or five weeks after our last break, I always will take a day off whenever I can. I have to come here every day in the summer anyways for baseball, so I really don’t mind making up a few days.
                Snow days give me an opportunity to make a dent in some homework that is due in a few days, it allows me to get caught up on sleep, and they are very relaxing. On a snow day I never have other things going on because they all get canceled. No track practice, no other events, all the time to myself. The only obligation I have is to clear the driveway, and clear the neighbor’s drive as well. I usually get up early and get that done, then go back to bed for a few hours.
                I view snow days as a stress reliever. If they fall in the middle of a very stressful week, a snow day can make a world of difference on you and even your grade! Like I said before, I don’t care how many we have to make up, I fully enjoy the unexpected days off! They are even better on a Friday or Monday so then we get a three day weekend. We never get three day weekends anymore, so those are the times they are enjoyed to the absolute fullest. Even though we have had four snow days this year, I wouldn’t mind one more at all. (WC 340)

No comments:

Post a Comment