Thursday, March 7, 2013

Where Has The Time Gone?

             Not that long ago, we were all little eighth graders excited, yet nervous, about turning to a new chapter in this book called life. We were about to attend high school. This was scary for everyone, and we were all intimidated and worried of what the future held. This is when everything we have done the past nine years of our lives gets put to the test. Our GPA actually matters now; we can’t get by with just going through the motions. Oh, I almost forgot! We actually have to study now….well sometimes.

                For many, high school was a wakeup call. For some of us that really didn’t have to try too hard to get great grades in middle school, now are learning that study habits are a huge part of our success.  For me, this was the toughest transition. Having to put forth more effort than ever to maintain good grades, and meet my expectations for myself. But as the year that really wasn’t as scary as once thought moved on, I learned what it took to achieve our goals.

                Fast forward two years and here I am, starting to narrow my college search down. Time has absolutely flown by. One year from now I will be starting my final trimester as a High Schooler, and looking forward to the next chapter in life. I cannot believe how fast high school has gone. I don’t know which is scarier: coming into high school for your first time, or trying to decide where you want to go to college. I’m going to say trying to decide where you want to go to college is scarier because it ultimately decides what you will be doing for the next 40-50 years down the road. Going into high school we know where we are going, and know what classes are needed to graduate. College is a whole different story. There are literally thousands of different paths I could go.
                A college decision is huge, but choosing your major is just as stressful. Business, Physical Therapy, Athletic Training, and Teaching are just a couple different areas I may choose. I am leaning toward business, which is great! But then I have to decide what part of business. Business administration, business economics, business development, business relations, or insurance agent are all different realms of business I could go into. At this point in life, once one decision is made, there are about 20 others that follow. It is one of the scariest things to have to wrap your mind around.
                It is incredible to think of how fast this high school thing has gone. It seems like just yesterday I was trying to decide what math class I wanted to take freshman year. Now I am deciding which city I wish to pursue my future in. If only the time could speed up just a little, although it has gone so fast, I am more than excited to make these though decisions and get into the “real world.” I know that time will come faster than expected, but I am still super excited to get on with my young life. (WC 525)

               

No comments:

Post a Comment