Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Break Here I Come!


It is hard to believe that spring break is only a day away! I cannot wait for this time off, and time on vacation. This spring break my family and I will be basking in the warm sun of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico! I can’t wait to get out of this bipolar weather of Iowa, and into the consistently warm weather down south. This is probably the most excited I have ever been to go on vacation.
                Last year my family went to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon over spring break. That was a super fun vacation, however my spring break didn’t line up with my older sister’s college break, so we both ended up missing half a week, which really sucked when trying to make up work. This year our breaks line up so we won’t have to miss any extra classes. Vegas was usually between 60 and 70 degrees, which is better than Iowa, but still a bit chilly. We won’t have to worry about that this spring break. Shorts and a t shirt will suffice all day long. With highs near 85, we will be racing for the cool waters of the Pacific Ocean.
                My aunt is currently in Puerto Vallarta and is informing us of must sees and must dos. She always talks about how great the food is and how much fun this town is. Each email gets us more and more excited to arrive in Mexico! On the first day we are there we are going zip lining through a rainforest. I guess they say the monkeys will literally swing right in front of you and other rainforest creatures are always around. I think that will be the best part of the trip, except for the food. I’m guessing that will be pretty great as well.
                Another activity we have reservations for is to go parasailing. I will be parasailing over the Pacific Ocean with my sister as my other sister is swimming with the dolphins. I think that will be right up there with zip lining through the rainforest, but on a different level of fun. Both will be exhilarating, but parasailing will have a very scary aspect to it, considering I’m over the freaking ocean!
                I hope all goes well in Mexico and this is the best spring break ever! Nothing can get me more excited than a week off of track, and a week in a foreign country for my first time! Not to mention the weather will be to die for! Leaving this 40 degree weather of Iowa will be so nice and to arrive to an 85 degree sun will be even better. I CAN NOT WAIT!! (WC448)

No comments:

Post a Comment