Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Future in Teaching

     As some of you might know, I'm not the most patient guy in the world. I get very irritated very easily and can't stand people who make stupid comments or keep kicking the dead horse during discussion. Yet I may not always show my frustration, and many times appear as a very nice, kind, patient type of person. Which I am, don't get me wrong, but often times kids really irritate me.
     I bring this up because in the past week and a half not one, not two, but THREE people have told me a should think about becoming a teacher. Never once has becoming a teacher been on the top of my career choices, matter of fact it is probably one of my last choices. There is no way I could contain any sanity spending 180 days with us yahoos. All off the irritable students and mad parents, come along with being a teacher do not appeal to me at all. I feel like I'd be the teacher that seems really nice at the beginning of the year but once kids start not paying attention, talking, and giving me a poor effort I'd become the most hated teacher in the state. I'd be the guy to assign a project a week on top of daily assignments. I just thinks kids would really irritate me.
     Now the reasons people tell me I should be a teacher differ. One lady told me I should because I have fantastic problem solving skills, and always think of a plan so that everyone gets along and stays happy. Another person thought I should become a teacher because of my leadership abilities. I am a "natural leader" and he thought I would make a great addition in the school system. Another individual asked me if I had thought about teaching because I avoided a possible situation that would have disrupted class. I find it funny that people think I should become a teacher because even though I may have some great qualities that would prove valuable as a teacher, I have absolutely no desire to relive my schooling days on the other side of things.
(WC 360)

2 comments: