Sunday, September 2, 2012

Who I Am


To understand my life, you must understand football. My life is like a game, there is a mix of emotions jam packed into one four hour time period. A week is like a season, filled with ups and downs. Everything can be going my way, everyone on my side; then I fumble and what I had has gone the other direction. At times it is as if I am in the middle of an undefeated season, and I end up winning the super bowl. Other times I can be on a 12 game losing streak where a completed pass could brighten the day. However lately I would describe myself as yard marker, just absent mindedly watching from the sidelines, nothing going wrong, just peacefully, calmly, waiting, for the next time I will have to make a move.
I am the coach to call a timeout to ice the kicker right before the opposing team kicks a crucial field goal. However, I am also the guy who when getting shoved after the paly, doesn’t shove back. I would be the one to say “go for it!” when it is 4th down and 3 yards to go on the 40 yard line, and I’d also be the guy to come up half an inch short of the 1st down. Being in the middle of the play is something I could only dream about, and would love to be in that position. Being the quarterback would be the best fit for me. Leading the team every drive and making crucial decisions when the game is on the line. Those are the situations I live for. I don’t want to be recognized as the most valuable player; I just want to make a huge contribution to the team and not be recognized. I am like the upsets that happen. I lie low waiting for the perfect time to bring my A-game and then I surprise the world. Not everything comes easy; I have to work for everything. To understand my life, you must understand football. (WC 341)

1 comment: