Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dogs Have It Made


I would just about do anything to be a dog, especially our dog. The biggest stress in his life is worrying about who will knock on the door next. Other than that he lies around ALL day, eats once or twice, and goes for a walk. Wouldn’t you just kill for that schedule?  Every time I come home from school he is always lying on a bed, and rarely does he come great me. If I could just lay at home all day oh what a wonderful life I’d be livin’.
                Although laying around and not having to do anything would be super fantastic, I think I would get bored. I would probably be that dog that rips everything apart just so my owners get mad. But knowing my luck they would think it was cute, so then I’d go around ripping more stuff up, and eventually get put in my kennel all day. Now I don’t think that would be too bad. As long as I had lots of blankets, a pillow, a bone, and a tv, I would be set! No homework, no sports, no anything to get stressed out about. Well, except for the vet that is.
                I feel like going to the vet is the equivalent of final exams. A dog has to go to a place that it is not familiar with, get poked with needles, and be examined by an unfamiliar face. This is a big stress for a dog, and they always come home and go right to sleep, at least mine does. Now comparing that to finals, we get stressed out, our grades might suffer, and we come home and sleep. The only difference is we take finals on top of everything else we do; dogs go to the vet once every couple months and do nothing in between.
                Every time I see my dog, I envy his life. He gets unconditional love about 8 hours a day, gets cuddled with, pet, and is always comfy. I’d much rather do that than curl up and do homework. I mean, wouldn’t you? Most importantly dogs don’t have to put up with the sibling rivalries that take place. They just lie down and watch everything unfold as they try and get some more rest. Pretty much dogs, cats, or another house hold pet have it made. I really wish I could be like a dog and get away with it, but that won’t be happening ever. (WC 412)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment