Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Snow Days

     Snow days are a high schoolers cup of tea. Ones that we anticipate are the best, because them homework gets spread out over a longer time, and we can sleep in. I am hoping for one tomorrow.

     With Iowa's first snowfall of the year expected to hit later tonight, everyone will go into a panic. It seems about 80% of Iowans forget how to drive in snow. With this being said, tomorrow is a for sure snow day. With over a foot of snow projected and high winds, we are under a blizzard warning!! This means lots of shoveling, but also lots of sleep.

     On a snow day I get up early and help my dad clear the driveway. After that I go back inside and go back to bed for an hour. After that I usually do some stuff round the house, get my homework done, then just relax. It is usually a great time, and a perfect unplanned break.

     However snow days do have their negative side. Having to make them up is what we a
dread. If we have tons of snow, we could be going to school in mid June! This doesn't appeal to anyone. Also, snow days mean the adults count on us kids to get the driveway continuously clear, and the house spick and span. One last negative, is the confusion. Sometimes we wonder when the test will now be, or when certain assignments are due. This can quickly ruin a snow day if it is spent doing homework the whole time.

     Overall I would have to say snow days are a plus. Unexpected breaks are always welcome. The only time this really sucks is when we expect a snow day, have our off day planned, and then we don't even have a 2 hour delay. However, I'm pretty certain we aren't going to be roaming the halls of our designated schools tomorrow. And if it is going to be as bad as the trusty weather man says, we might be out of school for 2 days. Having the 2 days off before break would be awesome! And extra long Christmas break is just what I need! With so much more shopping to do for family and friends, I really need these next few days off so I am not scrambling on Christmas Eve trying to pull some gifts together. (WC 400)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that snow days are a great break too! Extra time for homework and sleep is always welcome.

    ReplyDelete