Monday, January 21, 2013

Long Weekends are Fantastic

Having a Monday off of school is just about the best thing ever. Usually Sunday nights consist of homework and dreading the next day, but when you have a Monday off, it consist of hanging out with friends and sleeping in. Pretty much, three day weekends are one of the best things schooling has to offer.

Today on my day off I'm cleaning my room, getting ahead on homework, going to lunch with friends, then going to a movie. It will be great (minus the cleaning and homework). I also enjoy being home alone. It's quiet, and I can wake up naturally, not by voices or music. Whenever I can just wake up when when my body wakes me up, I know it will be a great day. But one of the best things about a three day weekend is the short week that will follow.

On Tuesday it seems likes Monday, which granted isn't a great feeling, but then you realize it is Tuesday! Then come Thursday you feel like it's Wednesday, in reality, Friday is tomorrow! And then before you know it, the weekend has come even faster than expected. When breaks aren't anywhere close, a good three day weekend is sometimes what it takes to reload and recharge.

Often times, over long weekends I am able to be a lot more productive. I have no idea why, but I just get motivated to get stuff done over long weekends. I think my mom appreciates them too because she always comes home and the house is usually pretty clean after the day. I guess when I'm at home with nothing to do, I resort to doing dishes by hand. Sometimes I do the dishes because by hands are cold. I know it sounds stupid, but when doing the dishes you need hot water. When your hands are in hot water for a long period of time, they warm up. So it is a win win situation. Dishes/kitchen are now clean and my hands are now warm.

Since we have a half day every other Wednesday, it is vary rare that we have a Monday off. That is why every time we do it is such a big deal! I think out next long weekend is at the end of February, matter of fact, it is a four day weekend. I'm sure it will be fantastic! (WC 399)

No comments:

Post a Comment