Monday, January 28, 2013

Super Bowl Special for Two Brothers


Let the chaos begin. With less than a week until the Super Bowl, this week, in the sports world, is known as Super Bowl Week. With interview after interview, followed by press conferences and pictures, the hype surrounding the Super Bowl is absolutely astonishing. I remember two years ago when the Packers were in the Super Bowl I was glued to the TV every day after school, and then that coming weekend no one could pull me away.
This year there is a bit of a unique situation regarding the Super Bowl…the two coaches are brothers. Jim and John Harbaugh are brothers. John, the oldest, is coach of the Baltimore Ravens, and Jim, the youngest, is coach of the San Francisco 49ers. It has happened where two brothers play each other, those being Eli and Peyton Manning. But for two brothers to coach two different teams in the NFL and then play in the Super Bowl, that is very unlikely. But low and behold, it is happening.
Usually if the Packers aren’t in the Super Bowl, I just kind of flip a coin to decide who to cheer for, but this year is different. This year I am pulling heavily for the Baltimore Ravens. Usually I cheer for the NFC team, but I’m switching it up this year. I am pulling for the Ravens for a couple of reasons, the main one being Mr. Ray Lewis.

Ray Lewis is, without question, a phenomenal football player. However, he is also, for what I have seen, a great guy. He reaches out into the community, does is best to help children of poverty, and always cares about others. He also has a way with words. Whenever he speaks, he inspires both his team, and anyone willing to listen. He is truly a remarkable man. He can put a room of grown men into tears with one sentence. That sentence being, “I am retiring at the end of the season.” When Lewis made that announcement many of the players fell apart. That just goes to show what a great role model and team mate Ray Lewis is.

With Ray Lewis retiring after the Super Bowl, it would be a great ending if he left with a win. He deserves it, and I know he will use it to better the community.  Other than Lewis’ story line, I am more of a fan of the Baltimore Harbaugh (John) than the San Francisco Harbaugh (Jim). It is for those two reasons, and the fact that the 49ers knocked the Packers out of the playoffs that I am cheering for the Ravens. (WC436)

No comments:

Post a Comment