Saturday, April 13, 2013

Let College Visits Begin!

I have officially been on my first college visit! On Friday my dad and I went down the the University of Iowa and took part in Hawkeye Visit Day. I wasn't sure what to expect because I have never gone on an official visit, and the only time I am at the University of Iowa is for football games. I, already a Hawkeye fan, am trying to go into this college decisions process with an open mind. Just because I am a die hard Hawkeye fan doesn't mean the University of Iowa is the right college for me. Maybe it is, I will have to visit more schools before I can tell.

The visit was very beneficial for me. It allowed me to see the campus, enjoy lunch, and explore a vast array of majors that I didn't even know existed. I then went to the Tippie School of Business building and listen to a professor speak about what all goes on in that building, as well as what to expect in a business major, and all the places a business degree can take someone. That got me really excited to explore all the things I might be able to do with a business degree, and all of the unique paths I can take.

There were a lot of things I liked about the University of Iowa. Some of those things include, Kinnick Stadium, the Business building, the food, and the B1G Ten feel. Being on a B1G Ten campus thinking that is where I could be living is a really cool feeling. It makes you feel like you are a part of something special and something that not everyone gets the opportunity to take advantage of, and here it is at the tip of my fingers.

On the other hand, there were somethings I didn't like as well. Some of those things include the dorm rooms and residence halls, the size of the student body, and how spread out the campus is. The biggest downside is the size of the campus. To get from the two farthest points it would be like a 45 minute walk. Granted there is a very good bus system that takes me anywhere, but I would still be able to to walk everywhere, because I feel like that is the typical college feel. I want to feel close, and taking a bus to class wouldn't satisfy that feeling. (WC 404)

No comments:

Post a Comment