Friday, April 12, 2013

The Time Can't Come Soon Enough

Today marks a big day in my life. Today, I sent in my Green Bay Packer season ticket waiting list request form. Yes, I sent it in at age 17. Why, you may ask. Well the answer is simple....there are already 88,000 names on the list. This means in about 30 years my time will come and I will finally be a season ticket holder. People think I'm crazy, but in all reality, I am just thinking way in the future and being smart.

Most people decide they want to get season tickets when they retire and have more time. Well, if they are a Packer fan, they are out of luck. Plus, there is a certain sense of excitement that will come each ear I move up a couple thousand spots on the waiting list. With any luck, I will get the tickets when I am about 50 years old. This will be perfect for many reasons. One reason being that by that time I will be (hopefully) financially stable and in a position where I can afford tickets. It would really suck if your name was up to get tickets and you had to pass up this once in a lifetime opportunity because you weren't in a place financially to go forward with them.

My history teacher just got his season tickets this year! He has been on the waiting list for thirty years, and has been through two stadium expansions before he got tickets. He advised me to get on the waiting list now because the waiting list keeps getting bigger and bigger and the rate of names coming off of it is lessening. I'm hoping lots of people don't renew their tickets this year so a couple thousand names get knocked off of the infamous waiting list.

I'm thinking if the Packers have a really bad season lots of people will give up their seats. Although I wouldn't want them to have a bad season, if it means I get tickets sooner, then I am all for it. I am a quite impatient person, so waiting close to 40 years for something is one thing I am not used to or can even fathom right now. Oh well, there is nothing I can do to speed up the process, so I will wait. Each year I will receive my postcard telling me how many spots I move up. One year, many years from now,I will get one informing me that they have accepted my season ticket request form! Oh man I can't wait for that day!! (432)

No comments:

Post a Comment