Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Stress of Prom


As a junior, I am lucky enough to get the opportunity to go to Prom! Although I won’t be attending Kennedy’s prom, it is still a prom! I will be attending Jefferson’s prom, and all of their festivities. I can’t wait to go, however there is a lot of stress building up because of everything that has to get done and arranged for the night to be fantastic.

To start out, I had to go fins a tux. This was difficult because we couldn’t find a tux that both I liked and that would match her dress. Finally, we found one and could move on. Next I had to make reservations a month ago because there are four proms on the same night here in the Cedar Rapids area. I then have had to call back three times to change that reservation due to indecisive prom goers.  On top of that, I and my date had to find time in our already packed schedules to go get flowers. I’m glad she knew what she wanted because I had no idea what to pick!

The next step is to pick up my tux tomorrow. They said it could take up to three hours since there will be so many people getting their tux at the same time. So I have to find a time that works for both my dad and I, and then go waste my night away. Next, it is all for show. I have to clean out the car, vacuum it, wash the windows, shine the interior, make it smell good, and give it a car wash. That is the part I’m dreading the most because it is pretty messy and dirty!

Finally after all the planning and everything, it is time for pictures. We will then go from the pictures to Grand march, to downtown for dinner then to Prom. I just hope all of those things go smoothly with minor delays. After that is post prom…here’s where it gets tricky. Some of our prom group members go to Kennedy and want to go to Kennedy’s after prom, and others want to go to Jeff’s. So here is the plan. We are going to Jeff’s for an hour and a half and then high-tailing it to Kennedy’s after prom. After the after prom, we are going to someone’s house, all ten of us, to have a post post prom party. This will go until 8 am the following morning. So all in all I will be up for about 26 hours. Other than the extreme tiredness, I’m sure prom will be a fantastic experience for all. (WC 440)

No comments:

Post a Comment