Thursday, April 11, 2013

Quickly Coming to an End


As much as I am not a fan of track, the season as flown by! We only have three more meets left. Last year it seemed like we ran a bazillion meets and it never stopped, this year, that isn’t the case. This year, thanks to the rain, we have had three meets cancelled! That never happened last year. A cancelled meet is probably one of the best things that come out of the season. It lowers my stress level, and allows me to get more sleep. More sleep is something I will always be in favor of.
As I said above, we have had three meets cancelled thus far. That number is expected to rise next week. Just like this week, next week’s forecast appears to have rain almost every day. We have meets on Tuesday and Thursday. I am assuming the Tuesday meet will be on, but the Thursday one will probably get cancelled. Having meets on Thursdays is really rough. Most homework assignments are due on Fridays, and Friday tends to be international testing day. Therefore, having meets on Thursdays doesn’t help me academically one bit. I tend not to get enough studying in, and my grade usually slips just a bit.
For that reason, it is nice to have cancelled meets. It gives me an opportunity to catch up on work and get my grades up again. Along with a boost in grades, I am able to get to sleep a few hours sooner than on a track meet night. This allows me to be more alert during the school day, and therefore more attentive and willing to learn. SO there is another way cancelled track meets result in my grades improving.
On nights with track meets I usually get hope around 10:15. Then I have to shower, eat, and fill my parents in on how I did. Once all three of those things are completed it is usually around 11:15. Then I do my few hours of homework and go to bed around 1am. Just a blink later I am waking up and heading to school at 6am for lifting. Needless to say, Fridays after a meets are a train wreck waiting to happen. Once Friday night comes I have no energy and all I want to do is sleep. That’s why I absolutely love when people have movie nights because that is a convenient way to hang out with people and also catch a few Z’s before the night is over. Luckily, we only have one more Thursday meet to go! Then the season is over. (WC 433)

No comments:

Post a Comment