Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Dreaded Overlap


With track coming to a close, baseball is quickly approaching. There is no break in between, matter of fact, the overlap my about two weeks. It isn't desirable, but I'm not going to complain too much because it is a decision I made, and because of that I don't have much room to talk. Having sports overlap like that has both its advantages, as well as its disadvantages.
One advantage is that our baseball coach is pretty understanding. This means that when the rest of the baseball players are doing a conditioning workout, us well conditioned track guys get to do a lighter workout. That is always I nice added bonus. Another advantage is that we show up too baseball practice a bit late so the practice that is three hours long is now only two hours for us! That’s so ideal, and sometimes we take an extra-long time getting from track to baseball, that way our muscles have a chance to relax a bit right before we put them to work once again!
Unfortunately there are many negatives as well. One of those negatives is all of the energy it takes out of me to participate in two sports at once. Usually baseball goes until about nine and when i get home I have absolutely no energy to do homework or anything. So once track is over it will be nice to just have to focus on and worry about baseball instead of both sports. Also, baseball takes up my whole summer. It starts in April and goes until the very very end of July. It makes it so i can only go out of town very scarcely and usually can’t do anything until the weekends. I’ve gotten use to this, but every once in a while it gets old because most people have no big obligations. 
Overall having baseball and track overlap isn't too bad. It is only a couple of weeks and the workouts are never too hard. The only big negative is the amount of time it takes. Come august, however, I am free as a bird! That is when I do most of my fun things in the summer like weekend trips, day trips, and other fun adventures! So what I am trying to say, is that I can’t wait for august after a summer full of baseball. it is nice to have about a month to wind down and relax right before school starts again. (WC 411)

No comments:

Post a Comment